DEVICE HARDWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
Sigma Connectivity is a global design house developing products for leading international brands in a number of industries including Consumer Products, Telecom, Automotive, Aerospace, Logistics and more.
We have close to 500 highly experienced employees using our foundation from connectivity in the fast paced consumer electronics industry to make the internet of things (IoT) happen. In the Business Unit IoT Solutions we develop products and solutions for leading global brands around the world pushing the boundaries of what is possible and creating new business values for our customers. We are growing and looking to expand our management team with a Device Hardware Engineering manager
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the successful candidate, you will have a positive attitude, strong leadership skills and a strong background in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering/design for devices. You will have documented experience leading people, building teams and setting structures and processes.
As manager you will lead a team of between 20 and 30 highly experienced engineers with backgrounds in mechanical design, electrical design, mechanical testing and industrial design. You will be involved in defining the processes and tools which our engineers use in their daily work and will ensure that we have the right competence and capacity to meet our commitments and help retain and grow our employees.
As part of the management team, you will be a part of setting the strategy for the business unit and following up to ensure delivery to commitments. You will help monitor deliveries in our projects and support the project teams where necessary. Together with our sales team you will be expected to interact directly with our customers to provide technical support in understanding their needs, how we help build value for our customers, and build confidence in our ability to do so.
We are looking for:
• Proven leadership experience and experience building teams,
• A solid background in engineering,
• Experience with defining processes for design, verification and validation
• Strong communication skills in English,
• Experience from product development with connected devices is an asset
What we offer:
• A chance to be a part of making the Internet of Things actually happen
• An opportunity to work with leading global brands pushing the boundaries of what is possible in a product
• An opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the business
• An environment where one project does not necessarily look like the last
If this describes you, please send your CV and a cover letter to Peter Kembro, Head of BU IoT Solutions: Peter.Kembro@sigmaconnectivity.se